Offer Online Sales and Click & Collect to Your Customers
Published: 23rd April 2020
How SMEs operating physically can transition to selling online and offering click and collect services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Business has been impacted massively, all across the world, due to the COVID-19 outbreak. With trade set to take a plunge and many businesses shut down for the foreseeable future, there’s a natural fear about what comes next. However, in every crisis, there is an opportunity to make a positive change. Have you thought about how you could take your business online?
A large number of businesses who primarily trade physically could be selling online and/or offering their customers a click and collect service. In such uncertain times it might not be wise to wait much longer to make the transition. By moving your business online, you can continue to trade, build customer relations and most importantly, continue to turn a profit.
To make the process of selling online easier for businesses, we’ve put together an e-commerce package which is quick to setup, highly intuitive to use and flexible enough to grow with your and your business well into the future. Compatible with all popular payment gateways and offering both traditional e-commerce and click and collect this package can work for any business regardless of turnover.
Social Distancing & Selling Online
While we all do our part to try and make day-to-day life as safe as we can, we need to think about getting our businesses back open.
One way to do just that is to start selling online, allowing people to browse and purchase from the safety of their own homes. So while your physical store might not have much/any capacity to stay open, you could still be making sales. This would mean that you could:
- Keep your staff working and reduce the amount of risk each staff member takes.
- Reduce working furlough and improve working opportunity for all staff members.
- Continue to turn a profit, avoiding perishable stock from being wasted.
- Minimise business losses and ensure you can start targeting new areas of trade.
If your business has been fighting the idea of going online until now, then this could be the perfect time to make a strategic change. With social distancing set to continue, now is the time to build, set-up, market, and modernise your online approach to sales. We’re here to help so if you have any questions feel free to contact us today.
We’re here to help
For most business owners, the ability to move online is much easier than it might seem. With our help and intuitive e-commerce package, you can soon see how easy it is to make your products available online.
You’ll be able to handle stock, sales, and delivery without having to implement any radical changes. For most business owners, the transition is remarkably simple. As things scale and more sales come in, you may very well find that your online revenue outweighs your in store sales.
To start with, you can use your same premises, click and collect or a national delivery system to make selling online accessible with minimal investment.
Click & Collect – The best of both worlds
This is a great way of keeping people coming to the store and avoiding shipping costs. Additionally as people come to pick up an order, they might decide to make a few in-store purchases, allowing you to upsell and build/maintain relationships with your customers, keeping them coming back for more!
It seems COVID-19 is going to be with us for a while, it might even be here for good and although society will slowly get back to normal those most vulnerable will still need protecting. A click and collect service offers the protection required but also the freedom and independence for those people to still visit the high street and purchase what they need.
Our e-commerce package has click and collect built in and ready to go, it’s the perfect introduction to selling online and where most businesses have started as there’s no need to deal with postage and packaging.
With an e-commerce platform comes a whole new world of marketing and customer information, allowing you to better understand your audience, where to target and with which products. For example, you might want to leverage:
- Upselling/Related products. Provide customers with great product ideas related to what they might need or have already bought.
- E-mail marketing. Sending people your best offers is a great way to encourage them to sign-up and to buy more from you in the future. Ideal for advertising your latest deals!
- Coupons. There are all sorts of different coupons you can generate using an e-commerce platform, these are great for getting new customers hooked and encouraging existing customers to purchase again.
- Social media advertising. Start advertising your products, and you can start to bring in a great many customers who might never have normally found your website.
- PPC Advertising. You could start running Pay Per Click advertising campaigns through platforms such as Google, this could be specific products, categories or your entire catalogue.
This is just the tip of the iceberg, there are many more marketing opportunities which come from having your shop online and it takes time to find the right combination for your business, audience and products. We’re of course here to help with just that, our marketing team having put together many bespoke strategies for all sorts of businesses within all sorts of industries.